- A glossary of scribal and calligraphy terms I use.
- My introduction & explanation as to what the scribal arts in the SCA are all about.
- Links to online resources I use and recommend.
- My calligraphy book recommendations and reviews.
- A discussion of the papers I use and recommend.
- Modern drafting tools I use to save time.
- The pens & inks I use and recommend.
- How to practice with a calligraphy pen to get used to it.
- Using the AMES lettering guide to pencil in your own guidelines.
- Setting up a budget writing slope.
- Coming soon: Fitting your text into a specific space.
- In the far off future: Tips for left-handed calligraphers.
- Tips to make the gothic textura quadrata script easier.
- How to copy a period hand.
If you are thinking of becoming a scribe or calligrapher in the SCA, welcome. This page is a list of the "lesson" posts I've put together. I've listed them in what I think is a good order to start for a new scribe. Enjoy, and don't hesitate to contact me with requests for additional lessons.